We are happy that you have decided to check us out and hopefully apply for our scholarship. Here are our requirements:
- Be a “nontraditional” female student age 25 or older at the time of the application deadline.
- Applicants may be married or single.
- Be the primary caregiver to at least one school-age child (enrolled in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12) while in the scholarship program. This includes natural born, legally adopted children or children for whom legal guardianship has been granted. The children must live in the home with the applicant.
- Be U.S. citizens, including foreign-born U.S. citizens, and legal residents of one of the following counties: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Rowan, Stanly or Union in North Carolina or Lancaster or York in South Carolina.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time, degree-seeking student at an accredited institution in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Rowan, Stanly or Union in North Carolina; or Lancaster or York in South Carolina, seeking a first-time bachelor’s degree in any subject, a two-year nursing degree, a two-year degree in CPCC’s Health Careers Program or Information Technology.
- Applicants who have already earned a 4-year degree are not eligible to apply
- Recipients are also not eligible to receive scholarship monies if attending a for-profit school.
- Be willing to participate in the Mentors For Mom Program. This program is the reason ANSWER has a stellar graduation rate. All scholarship recipients:
- Are provided with a mentor for the duration of the scholarship and are asked to have contact (phone, email, text, virtual, in-person) every two weeks
- Are required to attend professional and personal development workshops held one Saturday a month during September, October, November, January, February and March. For more info: Mentors For Mom.
- Recipients must maintain satisfactory academic performance (a GPA of 2.5 or above)
- Attend our annual Pancake Breakfast fundraiser and May Celebration luncheon.
IMPORTANT: If you meet the requirements above, you have an excellent chance to be interviewed in-person or virtually by our selection team. Over 60% of those interviewed are awarded this scholarship.
For questions about The ANSWER Scholarship, application or the Mentors For Mom program, please contact the founder, Susan Andersen, at email@example.com or 704-544-1988.