Would you like to mentor our moms?
As a mentor, you take the role as a “success partner” who will inspire, encourage, listen, and cheer on our scholars as they attain their academic and personal goals. You will make an incredible impact!
- Be willing to commit 10 -12 hours a month with your scholar for one academic year
- Hold a 2-year associate or 4-year bachelor’s degree
- Past and current experiences (education, family, struggles, successes, career, faith) enable you to relate and to empathize with your scholar
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Participate in an initial 45-minute phone interview with Mentors For Mom Program Director
- Attend ANSWER mentor training
- Agree to base your relationship with your scholar on trust, honesty and confidentiality