Mentors For Mom Program
ANSWER is more than a financial scholarship. We connect each of our scholars with a volunteer mentor through our Mentors For Mom program.
Mentors For Mom is one reason why ANSWER scholars have such a high graduation rate. Our graduates say the program has been essential in helping them stay the course and complete their college degrees.
Mentors offer our scholars support and guidance on balancing family, work and school. Scholars meet regularly with their mentors for advice, motivation, or simply a sounding board.
Scholars and mentors also convene monthly as a group, where they share experiences and learn from experts on important topics, such as financial planning, professional development and women’s health.
Thank you for taking an interest in learning more about becoming an ANSWER mentor. As a mentor, you take the role as a “success partner” who will inspire, encourage, listen, and cheer on our scholars as they attain their academic and personal goals.
Requirements of an ANSWER Mentor:
- Be willing to commit 10 -12 hours a month with your scholar for one academic year
- Hold a 2-year associate or 4-year bachelor’s degree
- Past and current experiences (education, family, struggles, successes, career, faith) enable you to relate and to empathize with your scholar
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Participate in an initial 45-minute phone interview with Mentors For Mom Program Director
- Attend ANSWER mentor training
- Agree to base your relationship with your scholar on trust, honesty and confidentiality
Find out more about mentoring and other opportunities by emailing us at email@example.com.
Thank you for considering sharing your time and talents with ANSWER. We are very grateful.