Applications are accepted December 1-March 1 of each year.
The Scholarship Committee will consider the following when selecting scholarship recipients:
- Financial Need: as determined by the costs of college attendance compared with an applicant’s household income and other financial factors.
- Demonstrated potential for academic success
- Participate in the Mentors For Mom Program: Availability, willingness and commitment to participate in ANSWER’s Mentors For Mom program.
- Mentor: If you are selected as an ANSWER recipient, you will be matched with one of our talented mentors before you begin your academic year. Our mentors know what it means to overcome challenges and earn a degree. Your mentor will be your success partner and available as a sounding board throughout the year. She will help support your efforts in obtaining an education. You will be required to have contact (phone, email, text, virtual or in-person visit) every two weeks with your assigned mentor.
- Professional & Personal Workshops: One Saturday a month, from September thru March, you will participate in a 3-hour professional and personal workshop. These workshops are typically held on a Saturday from 11:30am-3pm, where you will learn from a variety of professionals about any number of topics, such as health, finance, selfcare, careers, and parenting. This program, and your commitment to participate in it, is what makes ANSWER scholarship recipients so successful. Participation in the Mentors for Mom monthly educational programs is required of all ANSWER scholarship recipients. Childcare is not available.
- Good moral character: An applicant (including new and renewal) for this scholarship must also show that she has been, and continues to be, a person of good moral character. In addition, to remain active in ANSWER’s programming, the scholarship recipient must continue to conduct herself in such a way as to represent ANSWER and herself in only the most positive manner. Conduct deemed detrimental to the image of ANSWER will be grounds for dismissal from the program. The recipient shall not commit any act that could materially injure ANSWER’s reputation including (but not limited to) an act of dishonesty, theft or misappropriation of funds or property, moral turpitude, insubordination, or any act injuring, abusing, or endangering others.