Create a Legacy for Local Women’s Education
Leaving a gift to ANSWER Scholarship in your will or by beneficiary designation is a great way to invest in the future of local mothers who wish to go to college. You will be making a lasting difference for women, families and their communities in the future.
How You Benefit
- You decide how much to give—no gift is too small.
- Your gift costs you nothing now.
- You retain control of your assets during your lifetime and, if your circumstances change, you can modify the gift.
- You may choose to keep your gift anonymous.
- You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone who inspired your commitment to education.
- You will be remembered as someone who improved the lives of mothers and their children.
Choose The Right Gift For You
Make a Difference Simply by Signing Your Name
ANSWER Scholarship supporters like you frequently tell us, “I wish I could do more.” You can! You can help support scholars for many years to come by simply naming the ANSWER Scholarship, Inc. as a beneficiary of any of these types of accounts:
- Retirement Accounts
- Life Insurance Policies
- Bank or Brokerage Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Donor Advised Funds
And it’s easy to do.
Retirement Account Leaving a gift to ANSWER Scholarship through your retirement plan account (such as an IRA) is one of the most tax-wise gifts you can make. Most retirement plans are taxed differently than other funds. By leaving those gifts to ANSWER Scholarship and other less tax-burdened assets to your family, you can do more for your loved ones.
Certificates of Deposit, Bank and Brokerage Accounts, and Life Insurance Policies Consider naming the ANSWER Scholarship as the beneficiary of a certificate of deposit, other bank or brokerage account, or a life insurance policy you no longer need.
Donor-Advised Funds You can name ANSWER Scholarship as the beneficiary of donations remaining in your donor-advised fund after your lifetime.
Three Simple Steps Just follow these simple steps to complete your gift by beneficiary designation:
- CONTACT your retirement plan administrator, bank, broker or insurance company and request a beneficiary form. This form—not your will—determines how these assets are distributed.
- WRITE in “ANSWER Scholarship, Inc.” as beneficiary [or partial beneficiary] using our federal tax identification number: 81-0834789 and current business address: 6420 Rea Road, Suite 112, Charlotte, NC 28277. If the form asks for a date of birth, use our date of incorporation: May 5, 2016.
- SIGN THE FORM AND RETURN it to your plan administrator. Keep a copy for your records. Contact us 704-544-1988 if you have any questions. We are always happy to hear from you.
Please tell us about your gift!
Some people leave a legacy gift to ANSWER Scholarship, Inc. without telling us. But we would welcome the chance to say thank you. And, your gift can inspire others to make a similar gift to the ANSWER Scholarship to help future generations of mothers succeed. We’re here to help. We can help you decide on a gift that’s right for you. To notify us of a legacy gift you have planned, or to discuss the best gift option for you, please contact us at 704-544-1988 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make The Most of Your IRA
If you are over age 70 ½, you can save on income tax when making donations to qualified charities, such as ANSWER Scholarship, Inc., directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Gifts In Your Will
Leave a Gift that Costs You Nothing Now
You can take care of family first, and include ANSWER Scholarship to receive a specific amount or percentage of your estate. Or, name us a contingent beneficiary, so local mothers are next in line after your loved ones.