Application & Procedure
Applications are accepted December 1-March 10 of each year.
We are so excited that you are ready to fill out the application. If you have not read the other sections under the “APPLY HERE” tab, we suggest you do so to make sure you have a better understanding of our scholarship requirements, eligibility, awards, and tips. Please read through all the steps before you click on the application link.
If you are ready to proceed, here are the steps:
- Below is the application link. You will be directed to the Foundation For The Carolinas website where the application is housed:
- In the “Search by Keyword” box, type in “ANSWER Scholarship Endowment”
- Create a new account
- Complete the online application.
- You will be requested to submit the following:
- Current-Year Free Application for Federal Student Aid application (FAFSA):
- Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and submit a pdf version of your SAR.
- Transcript(s): You will need to upload your current and past transcripts. These transcripts do not need to be official. This may be downloaded from the university website but be sure that it has your name, school’s name, courses taken, grades, grade points, credit hours, GPA and cumulative GPA. If you are submitting more than one transcript, PDF them together so that they are one document. Remember, they do not need to be official.
- A professional Student Resume: Upload your PDF-formatted resume into the application.
- Your Personal Essay: We want to learn a little bit about you. Please share your academic journey and your goals, what you hope to achieve by completing your degree for yourself and your family. Although this is 350-500 words, it is very important and reviewed very carefully by the Selection Committee.
Please remember, We would be happy to help walk you through the application process. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Include in the subject line of the email “ANSWER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ASSISTANCE”.
NOTIFICATION AND INTERVIEWS
Representatives from the Foundation For The Carolinas will notify you if you are a finalist or not by the end of March or early April
- All finalists for the scholarship will be required to attend a personal interview (virtual or in-person) with the Selection Committee mid-April.
- You may be asked to provide two professional references sometime during the application review or interview process.
- If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, we require that you attend our annual ANSWER Celebration Luncheon for recipients, graduates and donors in May. This includes a brief Scholarship Orientation prior to the luncheon. New and returning scholars must attend Scholar Orientation before the Fall semester begins.